HTML Tutorial – Learn HTML And CSS Tutorial EASY!
Last updated on April 17th, 2019. Posted in HTML & CSS.
An HTML tutorial! This tutorial's all about learning HTML and CSS -- specifically, how to create a web page using HTML and CSS. Here, you'll learn how to build a complete web page layout from scratch, step by step, using HTML and CSS. You'll learn what HTML is, how it works, what CSS is, and a whole lot more...So let's get rockin'!
Here are some additional links and resources mentioned in today's tutorial. Enjoy!
- To follow along with this HTML and CSS tutorial, make sure to grab your free project files.
- Domain Name: The first thing you'll need to do is register your website's domain name. I strongly recommend using NameCheap.
- If you'd like a more detailed look at how to register your domain name, I've gotcha covered in Easy Steps To Set Up Your Business Website Address Using NameCheap. You might also find How To Point Your Domain Name To Your Web Hosting Hub Account helpful.
- Web Hosting: Next, sign up for reliable, cost-effective, and secure web hosting. In this tutorial, I'm using Web Hosting Hub -- a great web host if you're just getting started. Alternatively, SiteGround or InMotion are two other great web hosts.
- If you'd like a more detailed guide for signing up with web hosting, take a look at How To Set Up Simple, Easy, Low-Cost Web Hosting With Web Hosting Hub and Setting Up Rock Solid Web Hosting That’ll Grow With Your Needs Using SiteGround.
- Code Editor: Since we'll be coding everything by hand in this tutorial, you'll need a good code editor. The good news is, most are free for both Windows and Mac users. Take a look at Brackets, Sublime, and the one I use in today's tutorial, Atom.
- For more on code editors, you might be interested in The Best Code Editors For Online Business Owners.
- FTP Application: In order to upload your work to your live web server, you'll need to use an FTP application. In today's tutorial, I use Cyberduck (free for both Windows and Mac).
- You might also want to take a look at The Best FTP Applications For Windows Users and The Best FTP Applications For Mac Users.
- If you'd like more detail on how to connect to your website using FTP, take a look at Connecting To Your Web Hosting Hub Hosted Website Using FTP and How To Connect To Your SiteGround Hosted Website Via FTP.
- Royalty-Free Photography: The photos used in today's tutorial are royalty-free and came from Pikwizard.com. For more royalty-free images, check out Unsplash.com or Pixabay.com.
- If you'd like a deeper breakdown of HTML and CSS, what they are and how they work, take a look at A Crash Course In HTML, Understanding How CSS Works, and How HTML And CSS Work Together.
- Finally, to help you along, grab your free HTML Quick Reference Card!
Hope you enjoyed. See ya next time!