How Much Does It Cost To Build Your Website?
Last updated on April 18th, 2019. Posted in Business Tools & Services, Web Design For Business.
In a previous video, we discovered that hiring someone to build your business website comes at a huge up front cost. If you want specific numbers, be sure to check out that video. But in this post, I'll show you how you can set up your online business for just a fraction of the cost, and be in full control of your business and your website. You'll find out about what costs are fixed, what's optional, and where you can save yourself lots of money and headaches. Let's jump into it!
Here are some additional links and resources mentioned in today's tutorial. Enjoy!
- Before going too far into this video, you might want to see the previous video, How Expensive Is It To Have Your Business Website Built? There, you'll see how we arrived at the up front cost for a business website.
- If you haven't yet purchased a domain name for your business, check out my post, How To Register Your Business Domain Name. There, I'll walk you step-by-step through the entire process.
- In today's video, I mention that there are six different kinds of web hosting. It's important to make sure that you sign up for the right kind, so be sure to take a look at my post, The 6 Types Of Web Hosting For Your Business.
- As I mention in the video, the three web hosts that I use myself and recommend here on Ten Ton (Web Hosting Hub, SiteGround, and WP Engine) all provide a free SSL certificate when you sign up. If you'd like to see which one of these hosts might be a good fit for you, I do a side-by-side comparison right here.
- If you'd like to set up professional, business-grade email for your website, the two I recommend are Google G Suite and Microsoft Office 365. If you'd like to know more about business email, take a look at Finding The Best Email Service For Your Business.
I hope you got a lot out of this post and learned about some great ways to save on your business website costs. See ya soon!